AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Traffic Estimator is case sensitive? Dallas and dallas get different daily clicks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just gave you bad information. I was using Traffic Estimator not Adwords.

Im using Adwords and got these results for Dallas using the U.S as location.

Keyword   Clicks per Day     Impressions per Day  

Dallas         1.99                         45

dallas         0.00                         0

I've tried other towns with the same results

Is Adwords case sensitive.

If I am running an exact keyword ad do I have to do two? One for "Dallas auto repair" and another for "dallas auto repair"

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Traffic Estimator is case sensitive? Dallas and dallas get different daily clicks

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi p_4024,

I would suggest that you take a look at this article and refer to "Advanced Tips" - keywords are not case-sensitive.  The traffic estimator tool is only an estimate.  My guess would be that the search term 'Dallas' on its own, is not a heavily searched term.  You could try the Ad Preview and Diagnosis tool to check on your ads and Insights for Search for traffic information.

When performing keyword research, it's best to use your actual 'top keywords', not just location modifiers.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Re: Traffic Estimator is case sensitive? Dallas and dallas get different daily clicks

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi p_4204,

Look on your other thread for my answer. Please do not post the same question more than once on the forum.

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords