AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Trademark issue

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

I made an ad with "Best SAT Preparation Courses" keyword. But google saying

Limited approved (Trademark Policy "SAT").

What can do for this ?

2 Expert replyverified_user
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ScottyD (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Trademark issue

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

HI Zunnun,

There are two options either you have to remove trademark term in the ad text and run the ads or request trademark owner. But, if you remove that term(SAT) there no meaning of advertising. So, the only thing you can do is to request the trademark owner to use that trademark term. You can request through this 3rd party Authorization Request.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Zunnun,

If you do decide to follow John's advice of making a request then in the meantime you could try using "Scholastic Aptitude Test" or something similar within your ads.

This is unrelated from the trademark disapproval but you also have to be careful using "best" in your ad text without having the ability to back the claim up. You can get more information on that here - https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6021546?hl=en 

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Zunnun Reza
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

It's because an organisation has trademarked "SAT" meaning that the public cannot use it without their permission. Your options are to either to make a request as John has suggested or to consider making your ad text more generic, the problem with the latter is that your statistics will likely suffer with regards to CTR averages for example.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ScottyD (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

HI Zunnun,

There are two options either you have to remove trademark term in the ad text and run the ads or request trademark owner. But, if you remove that term(SAT) there no meaning of advertising. So, the only thing you can do is to request the trademark owner to use that trademark term. You can request through this 3rd party Authorization Request.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Zunnun,

If you do decide to follow John's advice of making a request then in the meantime you could try using "Scholastic Aptitude Test" or something similar within your ads.

This is unrelated from the trademark disapproval but you also have to be careful using "best" in your ad text without having the ability to back the claim up. You can get more information on that here - https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6021546?hl=en 

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
But Google why showing this issue (My think). SAT is the exam name.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Zunnun Reza
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

It's because an organisation has trademarked "SAT" meaning that the public cannot use it without their permission. Your options are to either to make a request as John has suggested or to consider making your ad text more generic, the problem with the latter is that your statistics will likely suffer with regards to CTR averages for example.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

SAT is a registered trade mane of the many companies / organizations, in different fields. From education to satellites. I think the one you are referring to of the SAT exams, is owned by the "college board".

https://www.collegeboard.org/college-board-trademarks

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Exactly MosheTLV, "SAT" Word is problem. Its different trademarks. It may be collage boards trademarks or differents field trade mark.
Thanks for clear idea.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Maybe you could write something like "SAT-preparation" ?