AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Tracking repeat visitors?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

One of my clients is a heavy user of AdWords and he wants to find a way of tracking repeat visitors who click the link and leave the website, then come back click again, but leave the website not browsing other pages etc..

Basically he wants IPs of visitors who click adwords link, view one page and then leave.. but may do this over and over?

I've installed some stats on his WP site but thats not really giving this information, can it be done with AdWords? or Analytics? I'm assuming it would be repeat hits with low bounce rate?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Tracking repeat visitors?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi upliftmike,

None of Google's tools will reveal any IP addresses of any users. The only way to find this data is by looking through your web logs. Assuming you have aut-tagging turned on, the most reliable method of identifying AdWords traffic the the presence of a gclid value in the query string.

If your landing page is dynamic, you could record IP address as they come in then do a db select for repeat visits.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords