2.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Track negative values with Adwords conversion tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is it possible to track negative values with Adwords conversion tracking? 
I can see negative values in Google Analytics, it happens when users use vouchers they bought previously, but these negatives conversions do not appear in Adwords.

Do we have to fix the implementation or is it simply impossible?
Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Track negative values with Adwords conversion tracking

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Julien,

This is pretty interesting!

Is there a screenshot you can share with us regarding the negative values you are talking about in Google Analytics?

As far as I remember, you can assign a positive value to the conversion action while getting the script from Adwords interface. This value is assigned and incremented everytime Adwords record a conversion.

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Pankaj,

Here is a GA screenshot.
As far as I can see, when a keyword brings a conversion with a negative value, it appears with the correct value in Google Anaalytics, and it appears in Adwords with a Total Conversion Value of 1 (which I understand is the default value).

GA neg value.jpg

Thanks 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Julien,

As far as I remember, you can import the Transactions happening from Ecommerce tracking inside Google Analytics into your Adwords Conversions Tab in Google Adwords. And there, you can record the values which are actually happening in Ecommerce tracking with the import feature. Did you try that?

Read this article for more insights: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1034306?hl=en

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Pankaj,
I had to discard this option because if you import Google Analytics conversions, you get deduplicated conversions.
I need to see all the conversions to which Adwords participate, not only the conversions for which Adwords is the last source..
Thanks