AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Top search paid link

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all experts!

I feel ridiculous asking this. I tried to search and cannot find an answer...

I want to do a campaign with a paid link. I.E. the links in the beige box at the top of a specific search. I cannot seem to find out where or how to enable this. I am NOT interested in ads on the side bar, or in gmail, or anything else...

Thanks for any pointers!!

Philippe

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Re: Top search paid link

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Philippe,

The only way for you to show your ad at the top of the organic results is by using AdWords. However, there is no guarantee that you will always show up at the top. By selecting your Network option as 'Google Search', you can avoid showing your ads on other websites.

Your ad showing at the top will depend on how well you structure your campaign, how relevant your keywords and ads and landing pages are and in turn how high a quality score AdWords gives you. Additionally, it will also depend on how high you bid for every keyword. Why not start with the basics on the AdWords Learning Center? 

http://support.google.com/adwords/certification/bin/static.py?hl=en&page=examstudy.cs

Hope this helps.

Heta
- Paid Search Marketing | www.convonix.com

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Philippe,

To add to whats already been said you can read up on the top ads using the link below but here's a part of the page

Getting your ads above Google search results

How AdWords chooses top ads

An ad's position on the page is based on two things: your bid and your Quality Score. To be eligible for a top spot, both your bid and Quality Score need to meet a minimum threshold. This means that in addition to having a high Quality Score, your bid also needs to be high enough to get your ad to show at the top of the page. Ads at the top of a page generally have the following qualities:

• High relevance: The ad text, keywords, and landing page are relevant to people who click the ad.
  • Good performance over time: The ad consistently generates clicks.
  • Competitive bids: The ad's bid is competitive with other advertisers and exceeds the top of page bid estimate.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Philippe,

The only way for you to show your ad at the top of the organic results is by using AdWords. However, there is no guarantee that you will always show up at the top. By selecting your Network option as 'Google Search', you can avoid showing your ads on other websites.

Your ad showing at the top will depend on how well you structure your campaign, how relevant your keywords and ads and landing pages are and in turn how high a quality score AdWords gives you. Additionally, it will also depend on how high you bid for every keyword. Why not start with the basics on the AdWords Learning Center? 

http://support.google.com/adwords/certification/bin/static.py?hl=en&page=examstudy.cs

Hope this helps.

Heta
- Paid Search Marketing | www.convonix.com

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Many thanks!!

I think it does. I'll look into it right now!

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Philippe,

To add to whats already been said you can read up on the top ads using the link below but here's a part of the page

Getting your ads above Google search results

How AdWords chooses top ads

An ad's position on the page is based on two things: your bid and your Quality Score. To be eligible for a top spot, both your bid and Quality Score need to meet a minimum threshold. This means that in addition to having a high Quality Score, your bid also needs to be high enough to get your ad to show at the top of the page. Ads at the top of a page generally have the following qualities:

• High relevance: The ad text, keywords, and landing page are relevant to people who click the ad.
  • Good performance over time: The ad consistently generates clicks.
  • Competitive bids: The ad's bid is competitive with other advertisers and exceeds the top of page bid estimate.