Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Top placement min threshould

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey guys!

My question is following: Which is min. Adrank/position that ad should have in order to appear in top placement?
What if my Adrank/position is ranked as 4? My ad is showing in top placement or not?
Additionally, is possible the same ad that appears in top position to be shown in "other" (below search results) in the same page results?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Top placement min threshould

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello again;
Indeed, there is a threshold to show your ad above the search results; (either ad-rank or QS)
Read more:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722087?hl=en
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Top placement min threshould

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Marija Hris wrote:

Hey guys!

My question is following: Which is min. Adrank/position that ad should have in order to appear in top placement?

That's a Google secret. The threshold varies by search.

Let me rephrase, because you''re using word wrong. The minimum AdRank is secret.

You need position 3 or 4, depending on whether Google thinks the search deserves 4 top ads. But you also need to meet the minimum AdRank. It's possible for a search to have fewer than 3 top ads, if not enough ads hit the AdRank threshold.

What if my Adrank/position is ranked as 4? My ad is showing in top placement or not?

If you meet the threshold and Google  is showing 4 top ads in that search. So... maybe.

Additionally, is possible the same ad that appears in top position to be shown in "other" (below search results) in the same page results?

Not on Google itself. Search Partners are allowed to repeat to top ads in the bottom slot of the same page, if the search doesn't have many ads. Not many do that. (You used to see it on AOL, mostly. If a search result on had 1 or 2 ads, they'd appear at the top and bottom of the page. The repeated ads even had the same click-tracker URLs as the top ads.)