Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Tool to create all the relevant ad groups when adding new keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys, 

I am currently managing an account with a very tight ad group structure and hierarchy. For example

Product type: Satchel, Backpack

Colour: White, Black

So with this. One of the ad group I create with be:   Women|Satchel|White

And the Keywords will be something like:

+Women +Satchel +White 

+Women +Satchel +White buy

+Women +Satchel +White luxury

[White Women Satchel]

etc

As the account builds out, a big pain is that every time I need to add a new keyword would then include building up many new ad groups. (e.g. if I want to add the word "British" as a new hierarchy, I then need to double the number of ad groups and all the Keywords would have +British in it)

I currently create all these new Keywords and Ad Groups in excel but it is very time consuming, and think that there must be some tool that can help me do it. I.e. based on rules that I have set up, when I add a new keyword it will automatically generate all the relevant ad groups (with the right naming) and the keywords in the format that allow me to upload to adword editor

Have any of you come across / recommend any good tools for doing this?

Thanks!

Forest

1 Expert replyverified_user

Tool to create all the relevant ad groups when adding new keywords

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi @Forest K,

Though I have no such tool for reference but you can find those, which not only do concatenation but also change keyword match type.

As per your keywords structure, 1st keyword(+Women +Satchel +White) will cover all the search queries for the other 2(BMM) also.

So, utilize the BMM effectively. 

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’