2.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Tool to Check ROI for new campaign

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I am starting a new adwords campaign for an e-commerce website, which is having around 200 keywords. I want to know the Return on investment for the campaign. Can any one tell me the paid or unpaid tool through which i can check the tentative ROI for the campaign?

Thanks

Gagan

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Tool to Check ROI for new campaign

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Gagan,

Personally I don't recommend any tool which makes easy calculation of ROI. This is a simple formula to calculate ROI with the help of Excel.

(Return – Investment)/
Investment

For Example you received Rs 100 after investment of Rs 70.
ROI = (Return – Investment)/ Investment
= (100-70)/70 *100
= 42.86

Hope it will help you.

Regards,
Virendra

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi there,

I'd suggest using Conversion tracking to calculate ROI at all levels (keywords/ads/ad groups/campaigns). More about this feature here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722022?hl=en

Feel free to write back!
Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Gagan,

This depends totally on what your goals are. But as stated above, there isn't really an easy way to work it out.

Conversion tracking is very important though, as this will enable you to track your goals, whatever they may be (I'm guessing sales made through your site are what you want to track as you state that you have an eCommerce website). If you don't already have conversion tracker set up, you should definitely get on that!

If you DO already have it set up, it depends on what you are selling. If you are talking about a whole range of different products you are selling though your website, it can become very complex...

What sort of goods/services are you selling?