AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Tips using the display planner

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I would like to do some display advertising

I know the market I would like to target.

I can create any size add to suit the appropriate target sites.

I have tried using the display planner, however

1. When something comes up as anonymous how do I know its not some dodgy site that I do not want to advertise or be associated with

2. If I choose a site or one of these anonymous ones how do I know what size adverts they take

3. How does the target site decided when and where to put the advert in

thanks heaps R

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rosa M
September 2015

Re: Tips using the display planner

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

Let's start from the last question:

Based on your targeting methods your ad takes part in an auction for a given ad- slot on  a web page. (Assuming you have an ad with the  dimensions required). Your ad is ranked. If it wins the slot- the ad is shown.

Anonymous sites don't want to disclose their names. So you don't really know what sites are those, and what ad-slots are available.  The practice is to have ads in all (banner) dismmesions (in the ad-group).

Read more:

About the Display Network ad auction

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rosa M
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

Let's start from the last question:

Based on your targeting methods your ad takes part in an auction for a given ad- slot on  a web page. (Assuming you have an ad with the  dimensions required). Your ad is ranked. If it wins the slot- the ad is shown.

Anonymous sites don't want to disclose their names. So you don't really know what sites are those, and what ad-slots are available.  The practice is to have ads in all (banner) dismmesions (in the ad-group).

Read more:

About the Display Network ad auction

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Rosa,

Welcome to the community.

Display planner is an ideal way to find suitable placements for GDN. Based on your targeting method, keywords, landing page or location, it gives you placement ideas to choose from.

Regarding excluding anonymous sites from the targeting, you can go through this below link. It would help you in doing so.

https://support.google.com/adxbuyer/answer/159152?hl=en

From Display Planner, the best way to choose placement is to go for relevance. Then other criteria, such as bid, impressions, etc.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Kapil M

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks guys for all that info

Just one more question, if I could.

Can the display website choose not to show an advert, if it chooses?

thanks