AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Tips to finding good websites to your display network campaign?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a shop which is seeling old antique furnitures and i am trying to find some websites to my display network campaign through managed placements. Do you have any ideas or experience on how to find good and relevant websites which can have display ads?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lasse R
September 2015

Re: Tips to finding good websites to your display network campaign?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thank you, i will try your tips, but what is GA referral data?

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Lasse,
Welcome to the forum.

What I like to do is look through the sites that have good performance in my automatic placements and add them as managed placements.

Also, go through your GA referral data and have a look at the sites that are driving conversions and manually visit them to see if they are using AdSense.

Another tip is to get a list of your converting KEYWORDS, type those keywords into Google and visit the top 10-20 sites that Google displays in organic results for those keywords. See if they use AdSense and test managed placements on those sites. This can be very hit or miss so be careful.

Hope that helps.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lasse R
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thank you, i will try your tips, but what is GA referral data?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Google Analytics referrers. The sites that sent you traffic in Google Analytics (or whatever other analytics tool that you use).

If you're not tracking your conversions and assisted AdWords conversions in Google Analytics, you're missing out on a LOT of good data!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
oh okay. i am using google analytics. thank you!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Lasse, in order to find the best placements for your business i would recommend you to use Display Planner Tool. This will give you detailed estimate of each placements along with other useful data like estimated reach and bidding as well.

Hope this helps!

Azeem Shaikh
SEM Freelancer & Consultant.
Adwords & Bing Ads Certified Individual.