Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Time zone - I need clarification on this issue

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey guys,

Currently i am running PPC campaign and right now i am targeting my business in USA

I need clarification on given below settings. 

I have selected 12 hours option from 9 AM to 6 PM.  

My query is will my ads display in US from 9 AM to 6 PM if i select "Time zone >  Asia/Calcutta"  - please clarify

if not then how to set hours to display ads in US from 9 AM to 6 PM

Given below is my campaign settings

Display clock

12-hour 24-hour

Time zone
Asia/Calcutta

(cannot be changed)

Thanks in advance

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Time zone - I need clarification on this issue

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Sanjeet, all times in AdWords are based upon the timezone setting for the Account which in your case is Asia/Calcutta.  So, if you want your Ads to appear from 9am to 6pm in the US you'll have to work out what those times are in Calcutta.

Of course, you have another problem in that the US has 4 primary time zones (there are separate zones for Hawaii and Alaska) so you'll either have to make your schedule wider than 9am to 6pm to cover them all, or have at least 4 separate Campaigns, one for each major time zone.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Sanjeet ! 

If you target another time-zone you need to adjust your campaign schedule to that time-zone. For example if the target is 10 hours behind your timezone ( their midnight is noon 10:00 AM for you) you need to set their campaign to run in your time minus 10 hours in order to match their schedule.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Sanjeet, all times in AdWords are based upon the timezone setting for the Account which in your case is Asia/Calcutta.  So, if you want your Ads to appear from 9am to 6pm in the US you'll have to work out what those times are in Calcutta.

Of course, you have another problem in that the US has 4 primary time zones (there are separate zones for Hawaii and Alaska) so you'll either have to make your schedule wider than 9am to 6pm to cover them all, or have at least 4 separate Campaigns, one for each major time zone.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Sanjeet ! 

If you target another time-zone you need to adjust your campaign schedule to that time-zone. For example if the target is 10 hours behind your timezone ( their midnight is noon 10:00 AM for you) you need to set their campaign to run in your time minus 10 hours in order to match their schedule.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am in the UK and my time zone is set to GMT London, my campaign is set for 7am to 11pm. I hope this means it will run between 7am to 11pm UK time? I ask because I am only on my second day and no clicks seem to be shown yet for today but yesterdays are showing. Does my admin panel not update to real time or does it update the number of clicks at the end of the day/end of my campaign time (11pm)?