4.4K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Time Zone Settings

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have set me AdWords account settings to Eastern Standard Time and I am marketing nation wide in America. If I only enter into auctions at 7pm, does that mean I will enter into auctions 10pm California time or 7pm California time?

3 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adam M
September 2015

Re: Time Zone Settings

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Your schedule is based on the account time... so you need to make adjustments for time zones.

So if you want your campaigns to run in California at 7pm, you'll need to set the start time to 10pm "account time".

Since the scheduling is set at the campaign level you may need to set up campaigns for each time zone to get the best control.

Just as an addition to this - remember that AdWords day pert reporting is also at "account time" - so if you get a conversion on the California campaign at 11pm - that actually happened at 8pm in California.

I often get myself confused - I rely on hi tech solutions.... pencil and paper!

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi there;

Correct;

If you target different time zones you should set a separate campaign for each location.
You should schedule your campaign based on the time at the location you target, and make the adjustments in the campaign scheduling.
I know it is confusing. I have on my desktop 4 widgets showing the time in 4 different locations, not to get confused... Smiley Surprised

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Your schedule is based on the account time... so you need to make adjustments for time zones.

So if you want your campaigns to run in California at 7pm, you'll need to set the start time to 10pm "account time".

Since the scheduling is set at the campaign level you may need to set up campaigns for each time zone to get the best control.

Just as an addition to this - remember that AdWords day pert reporting is also at "account time" - so if you get a conversion on the California campaign at 11pm - that actually happened at 8pm in California.

I often get myself confused - I rely on hi tech solutions.... pencil and paper!
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi there;

Correct;

If you target different time zones you should set a separate campaign for each location.
You should schedule your campaign based on the time at the location you target, and make the adjustments in the campaign scheduling.
I know it is confusing. I have on my desktop 4 widgets showing the time in 4 different locations, not to get confused... Smiley Surprised

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Oh... @stickleback replied while I was still typing my answer...

Anyway... You got the answer from both of us.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
@MosheTLV - that's because I'm two hours ahead of you... oh, no, wait....scribble, scribble - no - that's not it.... ;-)

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager
This 2014 thread has been closed to new replies.

If anyone has a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread with a descriptive subject line, and post a clear, specific and detailed question or comment.

This will help other forum members to both see and understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way.

Thanks!