Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

This row is not formatted properly

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

on importing my CSV file, I get one error showing: "This row is not formatted properly."

Any idea what causes that?

Thanks,

Ed

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: This row is not formatted properly

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Ed K,

Can you tell us where you're importing your CSV file and what it contains? Was there any elaboration on the exact row or what may be causing the issue in any of the messaging you're seeing.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
well, in the end, I found that it could be related to existing ad groups. My renaming all the old groups (which had the same name) - the problem went away.

So it seems, you cannot use the same name twice, is that correct?!

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner
Ed K,

We still need more information to answer your question. Are you talking about Using the Adwords Editor, are you talking about Merchant center Feeds, are you talking about Business data, or shared library stuff? Can't help you if you don't provide a clearer picture of what true functionality in which you are trying to upload via CVS File.
Make Sense?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ah sorry. It was using the adwords editor, to upload a prepared CSV file with my keywords and adgroups (+ads).