AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3K members online now
3K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

This is the error message that i receive 'URL must specify a valid top level domain' - please help

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

See subject and please assist

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: This is the error message that i receive 'URL must specify a valid top level domain' - please he

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi preslox,

The message pretty much means exactly what it says. The destination URL must be a reacahable page. The display URL must not only show a valid top level domain, it must match the domain where the user ends up after all redirects.

Let's say your domain is www.example.com. In most cases, Google will call "example.com" the top level domain. That must be a valid, reachable domaIn.

Best of Luck,

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Re: This is the error message that i receive 'URL must specify a valid top level domain' - please he

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

can you provide us the display URL and the landing page URL?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi preslox,

The message pretty much means exactly what it says. The destination URL must be a reacahable page. The display URL must not only show a valid top level domain, it must match the domain where the user ends up after all redirects.

Let's say your domain is www.example.com. In most cases, Google will call "example.com" the top level domain. That must be a valid, reachable domaIn.

Best of Luck,

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords