5.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

This email address already has access to an AdWords account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am simply logging in to adwords and I receive the following message : "This email address already has access to an AdWords account and cannot be reused."  Again, All I am doing is going to https://adwords.google.com > Clicking "Sign In" > enter email address and password > click login. It appears to log me in and take me to a page that has a field that is filled with my email address, and a field that says "what is your website". Under the email address field, it has the error reported above. I understand that the system is implying my email is associated with another account, but when I successfully log in to my account, shouldn't I be able to manage whatever that account is??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author John B
September 2015

Re: This email address already has access to an AdWords account

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you again for the responses. I contacted Google and found the issue turned out to be that the account admin of the account I was accessing had not clicked "Grant Access" So my email address was stuck in limbo. Apparently the admin sends an invite, you accept the invite, then the admin must go back and click "grant access". If they don't, you will be stuck!

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi John,

You can only have one Adwords account per email address. If you are receiving an invitation to manage an other account then you need to create a new account for this. Or you can sign up for an MCC account. It let you manage multiple adwords accounts easily.

Check this discussion for more information: https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Basics-for-New-Advertisers/How-to-reuse-an-e-mail-address-fo...

Cheers,
Nouman

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

John B,

There is a known Bug they are working on which is located if you attempt to go to adwords from the http://www.google.com/intl/en/about/products/ page that results in exactly what you mentioned.

I want you to Log out, Clear cookie ( if possible).

Then First Login to Google with your User/pass

Then Go to https://adwords.google.com

Let me know if that works and you are in your account as normal.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your response. When I follow the directions you provide, I have the same experience. To recap,
-I logout of Google
-I clear all cookies/offline files/history/everything!
-I successfully log in to Google using the same username and password that I use for adwords
-I go to the link you provided, It shows two fields > One with my email address in it stating that "This email address already has access to an AdWords account and cannot be reused." and another that says "What is Your Website" that is blank.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author John B
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you again for the responses. I contacted Google and found the issue turned out to be that the account admin of the account I was accessing had not clicked "Grant Access" So my email address was stuck in limbo. Apparently the admin sends an invite, you accept the invite, then the admin must go back and click "grant access". If they don't, you will be stuck!

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner
Thanks for updating us John B. Glad your situation is resolved.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Mr: Eric Gehler, i beg state that, i can not access to modify my ad world's details as like my Bank account number & other needed information, i will be glad if you resume my account as aamankhan.1981@gmail.com & please refreeze me from the threat of "This email address already has access to an AdWords account and cannot be reused."
Regards
Your faithful.
Mohammad Aman Khan.