AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

This ad group isn't currently available for serving. please try later.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

I have set up a campaign on the GDN. It is based solely on placements and I have targeted 7-8 sites, using the display planner. I am not using keywords, only sites/placements. All the ads have been approved. 

The bidding is set to optimized CPM.

I set up this campaign as of yesterday and for some reason everything is approved etc...but it is still showing up as"this ad group isn't currently available for serving".

I understand it hasn't been a full 24 hours, however, any input would be much appreciated. 

Thanks,

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Eitan Hayde
September 2015

Re: This ad group isn't currently available for serving. please try la

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi Eitan, 

If everything else is fine. You should wait for a few more hours to see if the ads start triggering. 

Also, practically if you target your ads to just a few managed placements, you narrow the opportunities for your ad to appear. You have 7 to 8 websites only. I don't know how much page views do they have in general and how is your campaign optimized against competition.  

Hence, I would advise you to try adding more placements on the same topic, and also increase the bid a bit. Once the ads start triggering, you may get ahead to decrease the bid as desired. 

Thanks
Ratan

Join me on Google+

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi, 

I couldn't read your name, may be it's a different language or my Browser is playing games with me Smiley Happy

Anyway, let me first welcome you to the AdWords Community.

To your queries, the reason for this message can be many. To understand it better, I will need a few answers from you - 

1. Are you sure your managed placements are the parts of GDN? How did you find these placements, did you the planner? 
  2. If they are, do these websites have the supported Ad format/size as you have in the campaigns?

If your answers are 'Yes'. Did you try increasing the bids?

To me, the problem lies in the aforementioned two questions only. 

Thanks
Ratan

Join me on Google+

If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

Fixed the name!

Thanks for the reply.

1) I used the display planner.
2) I have several different ad sizes (approx 12). I have set up 8 sites, so I highly doubt ad size is the problem.

3) The bid is on Optimized CPM on a higher budget than recommended.

any more ideas?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Thanks for the update Eitan. 

I believe you are using static image ads. Are you sure those websites support image ads?

Thanks
Ratan

Join me on Google+

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yup.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Eitan Hayde
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi Eitan, 

If everything else is fine. You should wait for a few more hours to see if the ads start triggering. 

Also, practically if you target your ads to just a few managed placements, you narrow the opportunities for your ad to appear. You have 7 to 8 websites only. I don't know how much page views do they have in general and how is your campaign optimized against competition.  

Hence, I would advise you to try adding more placements on the same topic, and also increase the bid a bit. Once the ads start triggering, you may get ahead to decrease the bid as desired. 

Thanks
Ratan

Join me on Google+

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
All working fine.

Thanks for the help!