AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

This ad does not meet our editorial guidelines. Please correct..

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I am getting the error message about not meeting editorial guidelines. I am trying to make a simple ad for a hiking tour company. There are four pictures and the only text says "Take a hike" and "Join us for an awesome hike in the SF Bay area. Pickup and drop off anywhere in SF!" Not sure what is wrong as there are no indicators except for this message.

My url is: sf-redwoodramblers.com

Thanks so much

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
July 2017

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

You only get one exclamation point per ad.  And, it cannot be in a headline.  Did you have it in the 2nd headline?  I've made that mistake with the new expanded ads.

View solution in original post

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I think I figured it out after reading some other cases. I had an exclamation point in one of the sentences. As soon as I took it out, it approved my ad. Seems like an arbitrary thing, no?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
July 2017

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

You only get one exclamation point per ad.  And, it cannot be in a headline.  Did you have it in the 2nd headline?  I've made that mistake with the new expanded ads.