AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5K members online now
5K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

The website is not live yet, but I want to gauge the effectiveness of ad words.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What are the relevant keywords which can be used, which target audience is best suited. It's a well established brand venturing into a new category.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

hi vidushi

you cant test how adwords works without a live website. 

regards,

Zaby

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Vidushi K

You should try keyword planner to explore keywords here - https://adwords.google.co.in/KeywordPlanner

Learn about Keyword planner - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2999770?hl=en

regards

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Zaby is correct.  However you could put up a landing page quickly, using a landing page service that offers templates and hosting.  

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Vidushi,

If you want to do some keyword research before launching the campaign, I would recommend to use the Keyword Planner tool. https://adwords.google.com/KeywordPlanner

If it's a well-established brand, then you're also probably aware of your target audience (age, location, sex, interests etc). You can use that when setting up the AdWords account.

If you have any more questions, let us know.

Marek

Re: The website is not live yet, but I want to gauge the effectiveness of ad words.

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

Good morning.

In addition to the good response already posted, I wanted to add the old saying about how "you only get one chance to make a good first impression." It is not, in my mind, a good idea to launch an incomplete website and tie it to AdWords. When the system first crawls your site, it sets a number of baseline data points. You don't want that happening until your website is complete and as high quality as possible.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Theresa makes a great point.  I was remiss in not mentioning that in my post above. 

With an AdWords campaign, once you have a low quality score it can be difficult to recover.  There is a "negative momentum" flywheel effect and it can be difficult to recover.  So you are indeed better off waiting until the full website or landing page experience is running.