Guide Me
star_border

The times that my link is shown on google search

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello,

When I am using ADWORDS - Depends tho impression no. (the no. of times that users can see my add), when using GOOGLE search

(Is it that when using ADWORDS, and using key words, the add is showing on the page only after the end-user search my site by keywords?)

Does it depends on my budget per-day for the add? -

If so, shall I add budget for those campaigns which I see high CTR percents?

Also, how can I see the position my add is shown (as add and as organic) when the user search it by using keywords?

What does it depends on?

Is it by increase the bid to the campaign? As seen in:

http://www.lostsaloon.com/marketing/how-to-get-more-impressions-in-google-adwords/
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2470113?hl=en
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmzeo2J9Wyw#t=25

I don't understand several things above, such as CPC (how is it rated? - Something is change dynamically?

Also, cost, is only when my site has revenues ... So need some basic guidelines about)

Thanks Smiley Happy

Re: The times that my link is shown on google search

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Eitan,

You may want to start reading the basics as well

https://support.google.com/adwords/?hl=en#topic=3119071

Your Questions

1)(Is it that when using ADWORDS, and using key words, the add is showing on the page only after the end-user search my site by keywords?)

Back to the Basics.   You have a website, you choose keyword terms that identify your product or service.  You create campaigns to show ads based on keywords people type in as a search query on Google.  If someone clicks on your ad, you pay up to the amount you BID ( Max CPC - cost per click).  You Ads show up on GOOGLE sponsored results above any organic results or on the right side of the page.   The end user doesn't have to have visited your site in the past.   Your statement of "only after the end-user search my site by keywords" is not relevant to normal Adwords straight bidding.  There is a function in Adwords for Remarketing that is based off of cookies set, and displaying add to people who have previously visited your website.

2-3)

Does it depends on my budget per-day for the add? -

The amount of times you ad appears depends upon a lot of factors

Your Ad Schedule

Your Budget

Your Ad Rank

Your Quality Score

Your Keyword Match Type

Obviously people searching for your keyword terms

If so, shall I add budget for those campaigns which I see high CTR percents?

A High CTR (Click Through Rate) is the indication of user interest or contention between the keyword and your Ad offer.   I would suggest making decisions based upon conversions and ROI ( Return On Investment)

4)

Also, how can I see the position my add is shown (as add and as organic) when the user search it by using keywords?

You can see your positions live via the Ad Preview Tool as well as through Analytics by using segmentation

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/148778?hl=en

Organic result would be via your own persona search for keyword terms in which you think you rank or various SEO ranking results programs.

5) 

What does it depends on?

Is it by increase the bid to the campaign? 

Watch this great video about How Adwords Biding, Quality score Ad rank all work together

Insights on the AdWords Auction

6)

I don't understand several things above, such as CPC (how is it rated? - Something is change dynamically?

Also, cost, is only when my site has revenues ... So need some basic guidelines about)

Hopefully the video above will clear that up for you.

CPC is cost per click.  Meaning if some one clicks on your ad you pay for that click based on the bid price you set for that click as Max CPC

"Also, cost, is only when my site has revenues .."  Not sure what you mean here? Cost is based on paying for the ads that have been served by the click through.

Good Luck

Community Manager
# 3
Community Manager

Hi Eitan,

Lots of questions - let me know if I miss any of them.

How budget plays into impression and CTR -
So your budget will affect how much your ads are shown (impressions) indirectly. You see, when someone clicks on your ad, that's when you're charged. So let's say you have a daily budget of $10 per day. And maybe by 2pm, you've gotten six clicks, and the costs of those clicks total $8. So there are only a few dollars left in your daily budget. So we may start showing your ads less frequently (i.e. you get fewer impressions) because there's not as much money to spend if those impressions result in clicks.

How to see the position of your ad -
There is a column in your account called "average position." It will show an average of the position your ad has being showing in for the keyword, ad, or whatever view you're looking at.

How bid plays into your position 

It's definitely a factor. Your quality score is also a factor. For a full explanation of this, check out this resource.

That resource also has a great video, which explains CPC and the details of the AdWords auction. I'd highly recommend watching it. I'm not quite sure what you're asking about revenue on your website, but hopefully some of the above information will be helpful for that too.

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner
Coco,
I answered this question twice on Saturday and my post doesn't appear Smiley Sad I see in email my answers and I am sure Eitan did as well. It was long and hand many reference links.

This has happened a few time now, longer answers with reference links not appearing or removed holistically

Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager
Hi Eric,

The reply got caught in our spam filter. I released it so you should now see it above. If that ever happens again, just let me know.

Thanks for the great reply!