2.9K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

The text violates the Google policy, your ad may not be serving

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I keep fine tuning the following 4 lines text. However, I'm still keep getting the following message from Google.

• The text violates the Google policy, your ad may not be serving

Can anyone provide me some insight, on why the following 4 lines text violate Google policy?

• Track stock market
  • Watch stock price
  • Read stock market news
  • Manage stock portfolio

I'm promoting a stock market app in Google Play store, and I'm using "Universal app campaign - Universal app campaign"

2016-05-19 06_10_49-New notification.png

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: The text violates the Google policy, your ad may not be serving

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi there;
The issue might be with the repetition of the (word in) text "stock". Test by replacing with a synonym (e.g. Share, securities prices)
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6021546?hl=en
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I had change to

• Track stock market
  • Watch equity price
  • Read market news
  • Manage share portfolio

Unfortunately, I'm still getting "The text violates the Google policy, your ad may not be serving".

Any idea?

error.png

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
What is the ad status? What is shown in the Policy column on the Ads tab?
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2549108?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The status is eligible. Please see attachment.

prob0.png

However, when you click on the campaign, you will see the warning message at the bottom of the page.

prob1.png

The settings violate the Google policy, your campaign may not be serving Go to and fix

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
It's not the ad Some other setting;
Click on "go to and fix"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So, when I click on it, this is the first thing I saw

e0.png

When I scroll down a little more, here the error message I'm seeing.

e1.png

Badged Google Partner
# 8
Badged Google Partner
Hello Yen,

I'd suggest that you contact AdWords support by mail, phone (1-866-246-6453) or "live chat" as someone at AdWords support will be able to look into the exact cause of this for you.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi @Yan Cheng C I wonder if the error you're seeing is misleading, perhaps not the actual problem.

Why is there also a message displayed saying "Invalid HTTP response code"?   Have you checked the URL of your app?

This wouldn't be the first time I've seen an error message generated by a different error to the one actually mentioned...

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I create this ads via Market Android Console. Please see my attachment.help0.png

Hence, I expect Google should place a correct landing page for the ads. There is no way for me to specific the landing page for this ads explicitly.

This is the URL page for my mobile app, if I were to access from desktop - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.yccheok.jstock.gui&hl=en If seems that everything looks normal to me.