AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

The rules to write an ad copy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone!

I wonder about the rule of writing an ad copy all the time and I don't know anyone to ask, so I post it here and hope you will help me.

Firsrt, the Keyword must appear in the Tittle , Description and URL Display, is it right ? And how many time does it should appear ? Twice or third ?

For example, key "LCD television"

Buy the LCD Television

Audited Toshiba Manufacturers

50 + LCD Televion. Order now!

usak.com/lcd-televison

In this exam, am I at fault by spam "television" ? And If I am wrong, how many time should we duplicate

And where should we duplicate the Keyword?

Thanks so much and hope u have nice day!

2 Expert replyverified_user
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jane Dao
September 2015

Re: The rules to write an ad copy

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello Quynh,

There are no specific rules about the 'number of times' you should use your keyword in the ad text.

The important aspect is how 'relevant' and 'helpful' your ad is, to someone searching with your selected keywords.

Having the keyword in the ad title is always helpful, as the title catches the first attention of the searcher and the presence of keyword in title makes it 'relevant' instantly.

Your ad should be specific, relevant, attractive, and empowering, helping your prospective customers to make a decision to visit your website.

You can find tips about writing successful ads here https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704392?hl=en

Hope this helps,

Deepak

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Completely agree with Deepak. Additionally, I would like to add a few things here:

1. Write ad copies for your potential customers, not merely for ad ranks. Sometimes, you may be able to rank your ads higher because of higher relevance to the keyword in the question, but they may not convert the way you want. So, make sure you are caring for both aspects. 
  2. Do some competition research, find out how your competitors are writing ad copies. Go inline, but come up with differentiation factor to catch the attention. 
  3. Focus on benefits. Yes, why should choose your offer? Make it clear. 
  4. Include credibility if possible. 
  5. Don't forget to include Call To Action. Be the best in it, ask people to take action.
  6. Make use of Ad Extensions

Hope it helps. 

Thanks
Ratan

Join me on Google+

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Quynh,

Just having the keywords in the ad text alone will not help you to get 8 to 10 quality score for your keywords.

But having your keywords in your ad (especially in the title of the ad) will help you to improve the relevancy of your ad (a component in quality score) and the 'relevancy' will help you to improve your CTR. An improved CTR is always important in improving your quality score.

You can find more about quality score here https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454010?hl=en

So it is important to maintain the balance, having your keywords in your ads to improve relevancy and other ingredients (price, offers, discounts, and call to action) to attract the click!

Deepak

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello Quynh,

There are no specific rules about the 'number of times' you should use your keyword in the ad text.

The important aspect is how 'relevant' and 'helpful' your ad is, to someone searching with your selected keywords.

Having the keyword in the ad title is always helpful, as the title catches the first attention of the searcher and the presence of keyword in title makes it 'relevant' instantly.

Your ad should be specific, relevant, attractive, and empowering, helping your prospective customers to make a decision to visit your website.

You can find tips about writing successful ads here https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704392?hl=en

Hope this helps,

Deepak
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Completely agree with Deepak. Additionally, I would like to add a few things here:

1. Write ad copies for your potential customers, not merely for ad ranks. Sometimes, you may be able to rank your ads higher because of higher relevance to the keyword in the question, but they may not convert the way you want. So, make sure you are caring for both aspects. 
  2. Do some competition research, find out how your competitors are writing ad copies. Go inline, but come up with differentiation factor to catch the attention. 
  3. Focus on benefits. Yes, why should choose your offer? Make it clear. 
  4. Include credibility if possible. 
  5. Don't forget to include Call To Action. Be the best in it, ask people to take action.
  6. Make use of Ad Extensions

Hope it helps. 

Thanks
Ratan

Join me on Google+

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank Ratan-Jha and Deepak_V !
The difficult thing in writting an ad copy is that combinating of " the technique" and "the meaning", as U know
I mean where should the keyword be, to ensure the qualtity score from 8 to 10, and be contented with "technique" angle
And I want to ask about " the number duplicating of keyword", cause I know "the number" I can avoid spaming too much as long as having text to write attractive and charming ad copy.
Best regard!
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Quynh,

Just having the keywords in the ad text alone will not help you to get 8 to 10 quality score for your keywords.

But having your keywords in your ad (especially in the title of the ad) will help you to improve the relevancy of your ad (a component in quality score) and the 'relevancy' will help you to improve your CTR. An improved CTR is always important in improving your quality score.

You can find more about quality score here https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454010?hl=en

So it is important to maintain the balance, having your keywords in your ads to improve relevancy and other ingredients (price, offers, discounts, and call to action) to attract the click!

Deepak