Guide Me
star_border

The remote server returned an invalid response code

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

Can anyone help? 

I own and have verified my url to my website and I am now trying to upload a data feed. 

Yesterday I was working on the data and therfore pushed througha manual upload. 24 of 24 items were inserted. Two minutes later another data feed upload was attempted and it failed and has failed everytime since....This is all quite new to me and I have little technological knowledge! 

Everytime my data upoad fails I get an 'The remote server returned an invalid response code 404' message.

Can anyone advise on what I am doing wrong or need to do to rectify?

Thanks

Jen

Re: The remote server returned an invalid response code

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni
Hi Jen,
Open up your data feed and confirm that your URLs are valid and that they resolve for you. Also, look at your Header and make sure the Header still aligns with the content in the columns. My guess is that either a formatting error occurred in your Header, or somehow your URL strings were modified to not include valid URLs.

Another reason is that your web server is returning a 404 error message when Google is attempting to request the Header file. If the first two solutions do not work, try contacting your web hosting company and make sure it's returning a proper Header when requested.