5.3K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

The location terms in this keyword can affect where your ads show

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have created a campaign with the location as Canada. I also set the advanced settings to People in, searching for, or who show interest in my targeted location. I want to advertise destinations outside of Canada to Canadians and I am using city names as part of my keywords for example, Cancun.  I keep getting a message saying The location terms in this keyword can affect where your ads shows. Location: Cancun, Quintana Roo, Mexico. My quality score is 6 on 10. Is this a normal error?  

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pascale D
October 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there;

In this example, adding the location as part of the keyword is a redundancy. This is a well known location, You don't need to  include it within the keyword.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pascale D
October 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there;

In this example, adding the location as part of the keyword is a redundancy. This is a well known location, You don't need to  include it within the keyword.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

Hello @Pascale D,

There is no need to add those keywords however you can add the languages spoken in those location. This will help you in getting a better reach for the above mentioned locations. 

Regards,
Syed Sayem Mustafa

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your activity

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm having a similar problem with locations.  I have a rental next to a national park and my ads don't appear because the park headquarters is 60 miles away:

Because your query included location terms, ads matching this location are shown: (park headquarters)

The park is not in a city, it is almost ubiquitous.  How do I work around this problem on both Adwords Express and Adwords?  

Thank you...WGR

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

One solution is to set the geo targeting using radius targeting (e.g. a 60 mile radius) about a GPS coordinate.  You can get the GPS coordinates from Google Maps. 

hth

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

i have problem whith my keyword i created a ad for real estate my location is istanbul and i put the target location Qatar Kuwait Bahrain

and my key word dint appear and i get this statement( The location terms in this keyword can affect where your ads show) what should i do