Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

The keyword phrase you've entered doesn't currently trigger your ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I haven't set up billing in my AdWords account yet. Is this the reason that I receive this message The keyword phrase you've entered doesn't currently trigger any of your ads when using Ad Preview and Diagnosis? My QS's are 5 or 6 with Max CPC on Auto. I assumed that this preview would work prior to adding billing information.

As an example I am using keyword "editable Africa map" with http://www.mhmplus.com/product-category/world as the landing page which is highly relevant.

Graham

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Rising Star)
September 2015

Re: The keyword phrase you've entered doesn't currently trigger your a

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Graham,

The ads need to be active/approved for the preview tool to work. It wouldn't be a good tool if it lied to you.

I'm running accounts in N.Ireland from Australia and use it quite a bit.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Rising Star)
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Graham,

The ads need to be active/approved for the preview tool to work. It wouldn't be a good tool if it lied to you.

I'm running accounts in N.Ireland from Australia and use it quite a bit.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Graham D Smiley Happy. Welcome to the community.
My assumption is exactly what purefuzz said. The ads needs to be approved in order for the keywords to appear. Here's a link that could help- https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2549108?hl=en&ref_topic=24937

Hope that helps. Good luck Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the response guys. Even though my ads' status are all "Eligible" I can't use the Preview until I have set up Billing? Is this really the case?

This Support page https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722120 suggests that even when an Ad is Eligible it will appear in Search results, I assume that includes the Preview.

Excerpt:

Statuses that can allow your ad to run with limitations:

• Eligible -- Ad is still being reviewed, but it can show on Google search pages in the meantime.

Graham

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Graham,

Yeah, thats pretty much it. If the preview tool worked for ads that weren't live, can you imagine how much competition there would be and how inaccurate the results could be?

It's a tool for previewing from different locations etc and it needs to be 90% accurate (i'll let them have that much variation) to be useful.

If you are looking for keyword prices and costs etc, check out the keyword planner, it's the closest thing you have for data that's not running live.

You need to remember that adrank = CPC x QS so all advertisers will be paying a different amount for the keywords so there is no tool that can give you 100% accuracy, the only thing you can do is test and measure when live.

I hope this helps clear things up for you. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi purefuzz

I was editing my post at the same time as you replied so I would be interested in your response to the Support link.

thanks

Graham