Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Text ads with images

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I want to create some ads with images - see those at top when you search for 'pregnancy books'. What are these called? They do not seem to be Image search ads or display ads?

Thanks

Fran

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Text ads with images

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi CandB,

These are product extension ads. You need to have a Google merchant center account and get this linked up to your AdWords account before you can get this type of ad.

Once you have got the accounts linked up you can create these ads under the ad extensions tab.

Check out the links and let me know if you have any other questions.

Good luck

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi CandB,

These are product extension ads. You need to have a Google merchant center account and get this linked up to your AdWords account before you can get this type of ad.

Once you have got the accounts linked up you can create these ads under the ad extensions tab.

Check out the links and let me know if you have any other questions.

Good luck

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hey CandB,

Purefuzz is right on this.. these are google shopping results being poulled out from the Google Merchant Center.

If you want thins.. You will have to create an account and link it to your AdWords account.

Cheers,

Shweta

Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hey CandB,

Purfuzz is close to correct. Those are Google product ads, not product extensions. Still, to get those open a Google Merchant Center account and upload a product feed. Then, tie your GMC account to your AdWords account. This makes your products eligible for Google shopping results, but is by no means a guarantee your ads will show.

Product ads are ranked considering the number reviews on certain sites, like Google Shopping. The problem is companies like Amazon, eBay and Walmart have huge numbers of reviews and small companies have little hope of competing with them.

Give it a shot, and best of luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords