AdWords
4K members online now
4K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Text ads on content network not running. Why?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a content only network where i have text ads.. it's approved but also not running.. there is no other info b/c apparently their ad diagnostic tool only works on search campaigns...

How do I remedy & fix?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Hi taewoo, Could you please check if there are no alerts...

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 2
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi taewoo,

Could you please check if there are no alerts in your account. You might also check that you have sufficient funds. How about your bid? Isn't too low? Do you have only text ads or also image ads?

Best,
Zee
G+

Funds ok Alerts none   Additional info:   1) the error is...

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Funds ok

Alerts none

Additional info:

1) the error is actually "This ad is not eligible to run"

2) i have a mix of text ads and image ads

Image ads Policy on GDN

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again Taewoo;

Have you reviewed and verified image ads policy requirements on the Display Network?

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Hi taewoo, If your ads are not eligible to run, that mean...

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 5
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi taewoo,

If your ads are not eligible to run, that means that your ads are not in compliance with the policies. Could you please contact a support person (click the "contact AdWords" button in the top right corner) and ask them to check what's going on in your account?

Best,
Zee
G+

They were running fine for a while.. then I ran conversio...

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

They were running fine for a while.. then I ran conversion optimizer... then something happened and the CPA was going WAY WAY WAY up.. So i stopped.. then restarted.

Then bam... no more impressions.

@ taewoo You can review the Policy for image ads on the d...

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
@ taewoo
You can review the Policy for image ads on the display network, using the link I provided, Apparently, Zee and I posted at the same time...
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: @ taewoo You can review the Policy for image ads on the d...

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

taewoo, I had the same problem in the past. Try the following:

Switch the campaign from CPA bidding back to CPC bidding.

Ceck the default CPC prices that are automatically set after you switch the bidding type.

There's a small chance that they will reset to very low values, like 0.01 or 0.1. If this is the case, then raise the bids to the previous values before you used CPA bidding. Start campaigns with CPC bidding and let them run for a wile on this bidding type. Wait 1-2 weeks or until you have about 100 new conversions then switch back to CPA.