AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Text ads in Google Search for two different languages??

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there!!

Is it Google allow to run text ads in Google Search for two different languages?

Here it is:

English-Hindi mix.png

4 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Text ads in Google Search for two different languages??

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 22
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Rachel,

Thanks for escalating the issue.  Finally, I got an email from Google team regarding the same text ads showing in two different languages (Hindi & English).

Do you all think the below is the answer for my question? Please clear my confusion.

Google Team Reply:

I'm happy to let you know that you can create ads in different languages and here's how to do it!

How to create ads in different languages?

All we have to do is change the language preference to a language you'd like in the settings tab of your campaign and you can then go ahead and create a specific ad to the language you've set in the settings tab.

Recommendation: Create separate campaigns for separate languages.

Note: While creating the ads, the system doesn't have an option to translate the ad to your preferred language, you'll have to create the ads first (on our own) and then copy them onto the Adwords interface.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Very interesting!
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, It is.. I have not found any information from Google in help center, google inside , blogs and forums..

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
This is most interesting and I can not seem to find any literature on this.

Reading through the policies they do not specifically exclude the use of 2 languages in one ad. They do speak of relevance, clarity and accuracySmiley Sadhttps://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/176098)
But as said before this does not exclude 2 languages.

Would really like to know if this is a policy violation and if so, where exactly does the violation lie?

There is also nothing on the editorial guidelines:
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/176095

I thought it may be a case of DKI somehow, but I can not see how that would be, as in this ad we can see that expressway was a term that you used in your search query, and I don't see how that would be linked to a forgein language keyword, inserting that keyword into the ad.
On top of that DKI does seem to be strictly regulated.

If anyone has an answer it would be really awesome to know for sure, but it currently looks like a case of if its not explicitly banned its allowed.

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
Here is Google's response about this case:

'"I've double checked this. I cant see anything specifically in our policy that goes against this.
There is a possibility the ad may be disapproved for lack of clarity, I would advise that you try it and get in touch with us if the ad is disapproved. We can then escalate it on to policy"

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Clynton, I really appreciate your time and efforts spent on this post. but, I don't think this is happening because of DKI in description.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Ahmed Ali;

Where this answer is taken from?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Ahmed, Can you please share the link here?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Ankit,

I do not think it is DKI either, was just following a thought pattern there and cam to the conclusion that initial thoughts in that area were flawed.

I would love to see where Ahmed source came form though, as that is pretty much what I thought, clarity and relevance being the issue but not specifically being disallowed.

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
Chat support Smiley Happy