Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Text Ads and Text Ads optimized for mobile

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

If Ad Group has 2 absolutely identical Text Ads, but one of them has "Mobile" checked, does that mean that the one that is optimized for mobile will show ONLY on mobile devices, and "regular" Text Ad will be displayed ONLY on desktops?

Ads are absolutely identical (ad text, headline, displayURL, etc).

I'm asking to make sure if I want to create 2 different landing pages (for desktop and mobile or just one with responsive design).

Thank you! 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dmitry P
September 2015

Re: Text Ads and Text Ads optimized for mobile

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

NO;
The mobile optimized will serve only mobile, and the "regular" will serve desktops and tablets

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Correct.
if you have more than one ad, in your ad group, the one checked for "mobile optimized" - will be shown only on mobile.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
And one from this Ad Group that is non-optimized will never show on mobile?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hello again Dimitry;
If I got you correctly: if you have only one ad in an ad group; this ad will serve both mobile and desktops (and tablets)
If you have two or more ads: those checked for "mobile optimized" will be shown only on mobile.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
I understand that. My concern is will "regular" text ad occasionally displayed on mobile if ad group already has mobile-optimized ad?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dmitry P
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

NO;
The mobile optimized will serve only mobile, and the "regular" will serve desktops and tablets

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you, so I assume it'll be safe to have 2 different corresponding landing pages.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
No. Same URL! The site itself should be programmed / coded to be mobile optimized, to show a (site) mobile version. Check with your programmer how to set a mobile version in html5.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Same URL. Ofcourse...