AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Terrible Adwords Help Page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

can anyone help with this dreadful adwords help page?

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/request.py?&display=categories

Thanks

Poe

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Terrible Adwords Help Page

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello Poe,

In addition to useful advices from Tom and Dinesh above, I would like to add that you can cancel your initial Adwords account if you mistakenly selelcted the wrong currency. Then get in touch with the Adwords support by either filling up the form or calling them. Once your first account is cancelled, then you can apply for a new Adwords account. See this for details.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Sure! What's the problem you are having?

Tom

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Thai-Adventure,

Can you please tell us what probplem you are facing in this page. It's google contact us support page, you can select here the problem you are facing and then can select the sub category,  and then you can't see most common questions of the problmes you might be facing, below of the page you can read the answer of that particlar problem.  And if still you think none of them are your problem or you are facing some other problem, simply click on Email at Get in Touch and fill the form or you can call to Adwords Support.

Dinesh
My Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear Dinesh,

thank you for your reply...

when I click on the help link I posted I get an unformatted page and the email help link is not active... otherwise I would have used it!

My actual problem and reason I cancelled my adwords account is when it was set up the currency was somehow incorrectly selected. It should have been usd, but now I can't change it

Thanks for your help!

Poe

I can send a screen print if needed.....

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner

Hmm... Dinesh would be the expert in this matter, outside of contacting support, I am at a loss. I understand the frustration regarding a completely unintentional "mis-step" in the set-up process. In part because I am fortunate enough to only manage adwords sccounts once those initial frustrations are overcome. Smiley Happy However, I am certain, whatever the issue, it can be resolved.

Perhaps, the online process was not effective in this regard, but you can always contact google support. Smiley Happy 

How do I contact Google AdWords?

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&hlrm=en&answer=8206

Tom

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello Poe,

In addition to useful advices from Tom and Dinesh above, I would like to add that you can cancel your initial Adwords account if you mistakenly selelcted the wrong currency. Then get in touch with the Adwords support by either filling up the form or calling them. Once your first account is cancelled, then you can apply for a new Adwords account. See this for details.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi Poe,

I just want to caution you that even after you cancel your account your email address remains associated with that account. You will not be able to use the same email accress to open a new account unless you remove it from the original account. Removing the address is not simple, cut it can be done.

Get a throw-away address. Invite that new address to your original account. Now log out and find the email to the new address. Click on the link and answer "I already have an account". That should add the new address to your account. Now log out and log back in with the old address. Confirm the invitation acceptance and promote the new user to admin status. Now log out and log back in with the new address and remove the original address. It is now available for your new account.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords