1.7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Terminating Access

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've been using an account to manage my analytics for about a year now. I mistakenly made that account an MCC.

I can get to my analytics just fine, but as far as I can tell, I won't be able to run an adwords campaign that ties directly into my analytics.

So I've created a second administrative account for the MCC portal and want to terminate access to the account I originaly registered with. If I terminate access, it won't harm my analytics, correct?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

You should be fine.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Just_Johnny, I'm not positive that there isn't a better way to go about this but with what you explained, you should be fine. There is no connection between the two. By freeing up your Analytics email address from the MCC, you will still have access to your analytics account. If you choose to, you can also start an Adwords account that can be linked to that same analytics account. Once that is all set you can then add and manage your Adwords account through your MCC. It's very difficult to remove any Google products from existence. Your plan sounds just fine to me. -Tom
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

You should be fine.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Just_Johnny, I'm not positive that there isn't a better way to go about this but with what you explained, you should be fine. There is no connection between the two. By freeing up your Analytics email address from the MCC, you will still have access to your analytics account. If you choose to, you can also start an Adwords account that can be linked to that same analytics account. Once that is all set you can then add and manage your Adwords account through your MCC. It's very difficult to remove any Google products from existence. Your plan sounds just fine to me. -Tom
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Unlink Adwords from Analytics;

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Johnny;

Just adding to Tom's answer: your MCC account should be a separate account from your AdWords account, on which you run your own campaigns.

Just make sure that you do not keep two MCC accounts that, at some point in the future, you will need to link: one as a "top level" and the other as a "sub level" - a complicated (unnecessary ) technical issue by itself...Smiley Wink

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Unlink Adwords from Analytics;

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone,

I created an Adwords campaign 2 years ago for a client, I gave them access administrative access to manage their account.

They now have a 300$ bill to pay to Google and I receive the alerts.  It seems I can't remove myself as an administrator.

Any ideas what I should do?

Thank you!

A.

Re: Unlink Adwords from Analytics;

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi id007,

If by chance you can log in as the client, you may be able to revoke your access, or ask them to revoke it?

Can you edit notifications at all?  That may help too.

If you find you're still having issues and have no resolution, try contacting AdWords Support and see if they can help you.

If none of this works, feel free to start a new thread here with all the information you have and we'll see what we can figure out for you.

Hope this helps!

-Tom