6.3K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Templates

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is anyone able to provide some information on the best possible way/method (step by step) to perform keyword research. More importantly, can anyone provide any sort of templat (eg, Excel) that can be used to organize keywords etc.

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Templates

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi PPCMob,

I'm going to say that there is no perfect and precise way to perform Keyword Research; everyone could do things differently.

I would suggest that you definitely use the AdWords Keyword Tool and Google Trends, along with any other tools or creative ways you could think about how a user may be searching for your services or products.

Once you start building your keywords lists, you'll want to group them by theme and create your ads accordingly.

I'm not aware of any specific excel template that would help you in any way for this as you'll still have to do the research and group your keywords in a way that makes sense. 

There are loads of resources online not only for Keyword Research but also for creating a well structured account

Do some searching, visit the help center (button above) and also take a look at the user articles section here.

Good Luck and please come back with any followup queries you may have.

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’