2.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Targetting Alaskan ocearn cruise passengers

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We offer fishing excuroins for cruise ship passengers in Ketchikan Alaska.  How can I specify the entire city of Ketchikan as a place of interest?

I am trying to targe people that are intrested in Alaskan Cruises. Even more specifically  people interested in fishing excursions in Ketchikan Alaksa. .

Thanks,
Massis

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Targetting Alaskan ocearn cruise passengers

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi,

You can go to campaign settings- Location settings and then choose " Ketchikan Alaska" as the targeted location. Below image will explain you how.

Untitled-1.png

Also if you looking for interested based you can run display network campaign based on interest to reach certain customers. 

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni

Good morning.

While Nisal L's information is correct, I did want to add that if you set your geo-targeting for the city of Alaska, you will limit the amount of traffic your ads might receive.

With the geo-targeting you are describing, the only way anyone not living in the city of Ketchikan will see your ads is if they include the city name in their search as an indicator that this is a "place of interest" to them. Other people who do searches like, "shore excursions on Alaskan cruises" or "fishing excursions on Alaskan cruises" will not see your ads.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Just for clarification - are you looking to target people who are researching their possible Alaskan cruise - so people in, say, New York planning a vacation for later in the year - or people on the cruise ship who might be docking in Ketchikan in the next few days? As you would imagine, the approach would be very different......

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Massis,

Based on your question, you might want to target people based on keyword searches and not location unless you do have a specific demographic that converts. (For example, you find that 90% of the people that participate in your fishing excursions are from New York,) in that case it would make sense for you to target your ads to New York, otherwise your ads should be visible to anyone searching for keywords related to the service that you provide for maximum conversions.

Cheers,
Vineesh..