Guide Me
star_border

Targeting speakers of a language in different foreign countries

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, I have the following scenario:

I want to target Hungarian customers with Hungarian ads / keywords, but who are living in foreign countries (not in Hungary), particularly, Austria, Germany, UK, Ireland and UAE.

So the question should I choose in the Campaign / Language settings Hungarian only, or should I check German and English as well ?

The type of campaign is "Search Network only" and what I don't understand is:

> if I check only Hungarian, will my ads only show to people in these countries who used google.hu only (and miss all of them, who enter my Hungarian keywords but in google.de or google.at for example because that is their default search engine) ?
> if I check all 3 languages, will my ads will be also shown on other Google sites part of the google network (for example scenarios of English content my ads being the only text in Hungarian) ?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Add German / English.

The browser language setting is used to determine the user's language. Many who are Bi lingual will use the "local" language  for the browser UI,  but still might search on Googe  using their  mother tongue.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for the fast help Smiley Happy