4.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Targeting several countries in one campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have target pages in three languages and want to use three sets of keywords going to three parts of Europe. How do I do this?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Targeting several countries in one campaign

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Eivind,

Welcome to the AdWords Community!

If you have three separate language you're targeting, I recommend you set up three separate Campaigns.  Language is set at the Campaign level and creating three separate Campaigns will all you to target searchers speaking different languages.

Per Google help center: "Language targeting settings are set at the campaign level, so if you're targeting more than one language, we recommend that you create separate campaigns for each one. Creating a separate campaign for each language helps ensure that the ad you've written in one language also appears on a site that's written in the same language. This can be helpful if you're targeting your ads to multilingual countries, such as Canada or the U.S, and you have ads in multiple languages." --How Language Targeting Works

Inside of each Campaign, you can target several countries so you can target searchers who speak the different languages across several countries.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
To add to Brian's answer I would recommend to set a separate landing page for each language. This is a major factor to improve conversions.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
In this case you have to create separate campaigns for each language, Your ads and keywords should be written in the language that you target.

For example, one campaign targeting Spain and the Spanish language.
one campaign targeting Portugal and the Portuguese Language.

This is the best practices to do such thing, because AdWords doesn't translate ads or keywords.

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
Well done Guys "Thumbs UP".

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Eivind,

Targeting is campaign level setting. so you have to create three separate campaign with specific targeting, keyword and destination URL in ad-copies.
Hope this helps

Rahul Goel