AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Targeting non-english speaking countries with EN ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey guys,

just a quick question. I am about to launch some AdWords campaigns for non english speaking countries (Nordic countries), however I would like to use english only ads for this purpose with EN landing page. The main reason why I decided to try it that way is, that I suppose that our potential customers from those countries will choose the software with EN localisation anyway (based on the type of business we are focusing on) But more importantly - is there a chance that I will broaden the audience, the way I expect, while selecting more languages, other than English (including English)? Or are there any special tips, trick and advices?

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tomas S
December 2016

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Sounds like you are on the right track.  When you set the countries, Google will suggest other languages you can enable.  If you add those, then if the user has their browser set to one of those languages, it will be translated. 

hth

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tomas S
December 2016

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Sounds like you are on the right track.  When you set the countries, Google will suggest other languages you can enable.  If you add those, then if the user has their browser set to one of those languages, it will be translated. 

hth

Re: Targeting non-english speaking countries with EN ads

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Tomas S,

As i see Nordic countries use different languages up to 9, i would like to suggest create duplicate campaign with same ads and keywords which are in English and convert them to local targeted language using Translator toolkit.

Wait for results if this campaign performs better than English language campaign slowly create more campaigns in locale languages.

don't worry about landing page, You can also convert your landing page using Google web translator.

you can get more info here about localize your adwords account.

Thanks,

Aravindh