Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Targeting Youtube Videos With Placements

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone,

I have been running adwords for awhile (on and off). At first I was only targeting keywords with my desired ad/campaign settings.

But my keyword choices was awful.

But this past week I actually tried removing all my keywords and only target Youtube Videos.

But when I visit the Keyword tab and click "Search Terms" tab, it still shows keywords? And most of them don't have anything to do

with what I wanted to target.

So I have two questions:

1. IS it really possible that my ad is still being triggered by my awful keyword choices prior to me removing them?

2. IS it possible to run a campaign/ads solely targeted towards YOUTUBE VIDEOS and Channels.

I've seen tons of people get help in here, so I figured to give a shot!

Thanks!

Dizzee Beats

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I also forgot to add that my VIEWS count is fluctuating really weird. Without me changing anything in the "DATES" window. 

Whenever I click on my campaign it says "10,438 Views" and when I click on a ad group and click back to view SAME campaign it's in, it

says "8,786 Views"? Is it possible that google might be experiencing some type of malfunction? Because it's never been like this before.

I also noticed that clicking from ad to ad (that I had running between the dates I want to analyze) the Views count doesn't add upp.... At all...

Please Help! Thanks Guys!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Did you find an answer to this?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Lisa

No I haven't found any solutions to this. I spoke to someone at Adwords call center who helped me a little with my issue.

He told me it had to do with my exclusions. But ever since excluding was out of the picture my ads stopped showing up on placements.

Never really got it to work the way I wanted. I simply want to target high traffic instrumental videos. And yes I've done my research on videos that has a high traffic. But still no luck after adding the URL's. I've tried adding 10-20 videos. Tried adding 100-200 video urls. Still no luck. And most of the videos were around a week to 6 months old with over 50,000-200,000 views. Still no luck.