AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Targeting Mobiles with Enhanced Campaigns

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Since enhance campaigns launched, we lost the ability to target only mobile. You might question why do we want to do that? well, Google seems to forget about something really essential here and that is budget. Google analytics always said we have to define which channel we should spend more (attribution in Google analytics) since that channel is profitable. We all learned that adwords and analytics is alwway related. My question is only one. Does google have any plan to have this feature back? since one of my learning before enhanced campaigns, mobile CPC is very cheap and spent less than dekstop.

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Targeting Mobiles with Enhanced Campaigns

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Glen,

I won't be able to comment on if Legacy Campaigns would ever come back in the AdWords interface, but did you try the orthodox and probably the only left option to create one campaign with lowest bid and then set the mobile bid adjustment to max of 300% to target mobile users effectively in your search campaigns. 

One of the today's discussion you can check here as well on the same page: https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Performance-Optimization/how-can-i-show-my-ads-on-mobile-dev...

Pankaj

Re: Targeting Mobiles with Enhanced Campaigns

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
As a strange little annex to this - in AdWords, Google give us the ability to adjust bids for mobiles - leaving tablets and desktops in the same bucket... in Analytics mobiles and tablets are linked together...

I too, would love to be able to target specific device groups - mobiles is obvious, but I also find that tablets can drain a budget, especially in B2B sectors.