3.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Targeting Location

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi, Today i make a new campaign and set Kolkata as targeting location but problem is that, when i am search any keyword from New Delhi, why my ads show in delhi location.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Vikas S
September 2015

Re: Targeting Location

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Vikas,

Your campaign sub- type selected should be with All Features and not the Standard one because you won't get advanced location settings in Standard campaign sub- type.

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi,

If you need to show ads only for the keyword u have given please use exact match type. Most proabably you are using broad match so your ad is triggering to all the related keywords.

Second go to advanced location targeting and change targeting "people in my targeted location" this will make sure that your ad is only served in Kalkata

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
i didn't see advances location targeting option.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Vikas,

Within your account open the new campaign. Click on the settings tab. Below the Target location in the settings tab, you will see Advanced Targeting options. Here, select the option "people in my targeted location".

Hope this helps.

Abhishek
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Vikas S
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Vikas,

Your campaign sub- type selected should be with All Features and not the Standard one because you won't get advanced location settings in Standard campaign sub- type.

Pankaj

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
Pankaj and Abhishek already given the answer for your second query, do let us know if you have any more questions