Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Targeting Homepage on GDN

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Is it possible to target on GDN  only the homepage from a famous website (let's say with a trafic of 500 - 750 K/week) and to exclude (or avoid)  any others  pages from this website  ?  Or, another way of saying,  Are Adsense advertisers used to reserve premium slots for another networks for bulk sales (doubleClick for instance or others) , and keep a second hand inventory for G Adw DN ?

Tks for your expertise on that matter..

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author garguier s
September 2015

Re: Targeting Homepage on GDN

Top Contributor Alumni
# 5
Top Contributor Alumni

MoshTLV is quite correct about banner ads, but many of these large sites have more than one ad placement slot on their home pages and those smaller ad slots seem to be up for auction like any other ad space.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

View solution in original post

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Good morning.

I'm certainly not aware of any behind-the-scenes machinations to keep GDN advertisers off the front pages of large websites. My own clients have ads on the GDN that routinely show up on the home pages.

Try using Managed Placements to control which pages of the website your ads are competing for. That might help?

Theresa
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I for one have no ideea how to target only the home page of a site with a single exclusion. 

I think I would have to find every main section of the site like www.site.com/news and add this URL to the exclusions list for that ad group to avoid showing up for URLs formed with the /news

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

On the bigger web sites (as News, Media Sports...etc..) you could target the whole site of specific pages / sections within the site.  I don't recall seeing an option of "front page targeting" / home page targeting" - though  this could be a nice idea.
Another point to remember is, that  home pages / front pages,  due to their high visibility / exposure are  usually reserved to banners bought / auctioned  through Ad Exchanges (e.g DoubleClick )

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author garguier s
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 5
Top Contributor Alumni

MoshTLV is quite correct about banner ads, but many of these large sites have more than one ad placement slot on their home pages and those smaller ad slots seem to be up for auction like any other ad space.

Theresa
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*