AdWords
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Targeting Android tablet in Display Network , is limited ?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Let's say that we setup a Display Network campaign ( all features) and we turn off mobiles with the minus 100% adjustment bid.

If we also select the Android operating system as targeting ,in theory impressions should be served just to tablets using Android, so big banners should render ok on a tablet screen it is a better targeting for banners than just mobiles.

But my question is : since under "Devices" AdWords lists a limited number of tablets , mostly phones, will impressions be limited in this case just to those devices or will they spread on all tablets using Android ?

Thank you.

Re: Targeting Android tablet in Display Network , is limited ?

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Adrian,
I think all the available devices except if you choose some devices models. The list of the available models it's just some samples to give the user more flexibility.

Let's say that LG launches a new tablet today and Google still doesn't list the tablet in device models , that means Google will not show my ads on the new tablet because it's not in the list, of course not Smiley Very Happy

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I would not work on "natural assumptions" too much when it comes to adwords.

This way you could also assume that your Ads will not show on mobiles because you do not have a mobile optimised landing page for a 5 cm screen, but the default setting is "same bid for mobiles".

You could also assume that the default setting for location targeting will show your Ad just in the cities you selected, but the default setting shows Ads even for search terms from other locations if the city is in the search string.... so I gave up working on assumptions .

If I assume that the OS targeting is limited to their device list and you assume that the OS targeting is for all devices , we are equal in assumptions, we do not have an official guideline on this issue or a proof.

If a person using this OS targeting and a minus 100% on mobiles comes here to upload a screen shot from analytics showing me other tablets than the ones listed in the "devices" for GDN targeting , that would be a certain proof. 

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
You are right Adrain , it's just an assumption and I don't have any official documents for that Smiley Happy

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your opinion Smiley Happy , I would also like this targeting to reach all tablets, but I thought it would be best to ask around first. Eventually I will end up testing this targeting and report back here about conclusions.