AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Targeting Adsense and Adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've posted this question before in the Adsense forums and also seen a couple of others post with no resolution, and the recommendation to post in the AdWords forum, which is what I'm doing. Sorry if this is the wrong section, but it seemed to be the only one appropriate.

Basically we have a number of Custom Channels in AdSense, all with their own dedicated AdUnits.

Each Custom Channel is marked as "available for targeting" and has the appropriate descriptions, etc.

In the recent past we've had similar custom channels (we took them down to a temporary change in advertisers) and we've ranked in the top 5 sites in the Placement Tool in AdWords for certain keywords relating to our content (we're a large niche site, with about 20-25K page-views per day and some quite specific content).

It's been over a week and even our site isn't showing up in the AdWords Placement tool, and certainly none of our custom channels are listed.

Why would this be? I've seen AdWords take 3-4 days to "catch up" and show AdSense targeted channels before, but never over a week.

Thanks for any responses.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Targeting Adsense and Adwords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Larry, I think you're going to struggle to find someone who can answer that in here as well.

Can I just clarify your question?  You're asking why your site, which contains targetable AdSense units, is not appearing in AdWords Managed Placement offerings?

What targeting criteria are you using (Keyword, Topic, Interest, etc.)?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits