2.9K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Target tourists that are visiting their favourite sites back at home

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How do i target tourists that are visiting their favourite sites to check whats happening back at home. For example. Targeting NZ eyeballs who are visiting SMH.com.au. Key countries are : Australia, UK, USA, Germany, Japan, China

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by KathleenG (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Target tourists that are visiting their favourite sites back at ho

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Kylie,
This is a little tricky, but possible to an extent. You'll have to use some advanced location targeting options.

Advanced location options

Advanced location options let you include or exclude people based on where they're likely to be physically located or the places that they're interested in.
Advanced advertisers can use these options to limit their ads to appear only for physical locations or locations of interest, rather than using the default setting to show to both types of locations.
Once you've defined your location targeting and location exclusion settings, you may want to refine your traffic even more.

Advanced location targeting options allow you to reach:

People in, searching for, or viewing pages about your targeted location (default)
People in your targeted location
People searching for or viewing pages about your targeted location
Advanced location exclusion options allow you to exclude:

People in, searching for, or viewing pages about your excluded location (default)
People in your excluded location
Your advanced location options apply to ads on both the Search Network and the Google Display Network.

Have a read of all the details here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722038?hl=en

I'm not sure exactly WHO you're trying to target considering you've listed a few countries. Can you be more specific?

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by KathleenG (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Kylie,
This is a little tricky, but possible to an extent. You'll have to use some advanced location targeting options.

Advanced location options

Advanced location options let you include or exclude people based on where they're likely to be physically located or the places that they're interested in.
Advanced advertisers can use these options to limit their ads to appear only for physical locations or locations of interest, rather than using the default setting to show to both types of locations.
Once you've defined your location targeting and location exclusion settings, you may want to refine your traffic even more.

Advanced location targeting options allow you to reach:

People in, searching for, or viewing pages about your targeted location (default)
People in your targeted location
People searching for or viewing pages about your targeted location
Advanced location exclusion options allow you to exclude:

People in, searching for, or viewing pages about your excluded location (default)
People in your excluded location
Your advanced location options apply to ads on both the Search Network and the Google Display Network.

Have a read of all the details here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722038?hl=en

I'm not sure exactly WHO you're trying to target considering you've listed a few countries. Can you be more specific?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
What a site that you are created my friend.