Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Target location in display planner

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone!

I'm trying to plan a campaign in the display network, and I need to target UK counties like Essex or Surrey, but is seems that this option is no more available in the display planner.

If I'm not wrong, it was possible to target also by radius in the display planner, wasn't it?

Thanks 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Target location in display planner

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Sara

In the display network you can target different Geo locations. You can read here more about Location targeting in display network. 

However you don't need display planner to create geo targeting in your campaign, but since you have asked how to use geo targeting in display planner tool please see below image.

Capture.JPG

Hope this helps. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Nisal, thanks for your reply.

Sorry I didn't express myself properly..

I'm using the display planner to have a reach estimation and get placement ideas.
I need to target Greater London and Essex, but they don't appear in the results if I search them.
I cannot target UK counties.
Even in your results Essex UK is not shown.

Thanks

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi again,

Yes I checked, Even I can't find Essex UK . However All the locations are not available from city names when you do geo targeting, ( My home town Colombo- Sri Lanka not available)

So you can try Postal code to narrow down the area. Have you tried that option ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Nisal.

I've try.
I reached 134 location targeted........ just to target Greater London and Essex counties.
I never had problem like this before, I was always able to target UK counties.

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
UK can be target as a country, But I never tried to target like cities. Hope you will find it Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Nisal, I hope it too....
It was possible once. Is something changed?

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star
As far as I know they didn't Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I can confirm that until few days ago, in the Display Plannner you could target areas such as Greater Manchester, Greater London, and others, as well as the Radius (which option is not available in the Keyword Planner).

However, today these areas cannot be targeted within the planner, while they remain available in the actual campaigns' settings as well as the Keyword Planner.

I hope this is only a temporary bug!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭