AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Target Search Page Location vs Estimated top of page bid?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've used both metrics on specific keywords at the same time but do not see any difference. Is it advisable to use both metrics or should I use them separately?

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Rakesh Kumar (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Target Search Page Location vs Estimated top of page bid?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

I would say that there is no as such comparison of what is more preferred way of bidding (i.e. Target Search page location OR estimated top of page bid estimates). 

As far as I remember, Flexible Bidding strategies came into picture lately and these estimated Top of page or first page bid estimates existed way before that.

This would really depend on how successful you have been while implementing both the strategies. Having said that, if I would have been there, I will test different parts of the account using both these methods and then analyse which one works best for my account and which not. Based on that analysis, I might go for one option and quit other. AdWords is all about experimentation and getting that real niche which works for your business.

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Trudy,

In Addition what Pankaj has said, I would like to first describe the difference between both the terms.

Estimated Top page bids is just an estimated, It does not give you guarantee that your ads would appear on the top page. It depends on the many internal and external factors:-

Keywords Quality Score,
Landing page Experience,
Ad Relevancy with Landing page and search terms with keywords.
Time of the searches, location and device,

Thus, your estimated top page bids will not always be same.

Whereas, Target Search Page Location is Flexible Bidding Strategy, that automatically adjusts bids to help you get your ads to the top of the page or the first page of search results.

Target Search Page location is just a Bidding Strategy where as the Estimated Top page bid gives the idea of bids.

So I would suggest you to test this in two different campaigns/set of keywords in order to justify which works best for you.
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

I would say that there is no as such comparison of what is more preferred way of bidding (i.e. Target Search page location OR estimated top of page bid estimates). 

As far as I remember, Flexible Bidding strategies came into picture lately and these estimated Top of page or first page bid estimates existed way before that.

This would really depend on how successful you have been while implementing both the strategies. Having said that, if I would have been there, I will test different parts of the account using both these methods and then analyse which one works best for my account and which not. Based on that analysis, I might go for one option and quit other. AdWords is all about experimentation and getting that real niche which works for your business.

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Trudy,

In Addition what Pankaj has said, I would like to first describe the difference between both the terms.

Estimated Top page bids is just an estimated, It does not give you guarantee that your ads would appear on the top page. It depends on the many internal and external factors:-

Keywords Quality Score,
Landing page Experience,
Ad Relevancy with Landing page and search terms with keywords.
Time of the searches, location and device,

Thus, your estimated top page bids will not always be same.

Whereas, Target Search Page Location is Flexible Bidding Strategy, that automatically adjusts bids to help you get your ads to the top of the page or the first page of search results.

Target Search Page location is just a Bidding Strategy where as the Estimated Top page bid gives the idea of bids.

So I would suggest you to test this in two different campaigns/set of keywords in order to justify which works best for you.
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Rakesh

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Pankaj