AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Target Search Page Location Settings Not Found...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Looking at the documentation here:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6268611?hl=en

They have three sections that I don't see in the settings when selecting "Target Search Page Location" as my bid strategy:

Bid adjustment

Low quality keywords

Where are these settings?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jeff S
March 2017

Re: Target Search Page Location Settings Not Found...

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Jeff,

If you go to the keyword level in the account. 

bid strat.JPG

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks... I knew I saw it somewhere!

A quick related questions... I'm using the "target search page location" setting which means AdWords is calculating the best CPC.  When viewing my keywords, in the Max CPC column there are different amounts for each keyword.  Are those the amounts AdWords is calculating?  If I change one of those manually I'm assuming that makes that keyword no longer automatically adjusted by AdWords.  If I want it to then go back to automatic calculation, how do i do that?

Thanks!

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

That, I'm not too sure on.   You can read more about the bid strategy here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6268611?hl=en

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Jeff,

It depends on Automation option you have selected. Read below which I copied from help center document.

Bid automation

• Automatically raise and lower bids to match the estimated top of page bid or estimated first page bid. With this setting, there's no need to set bids manually.
  • Set bids myself, but automatically adjust bids so they are at least as high as the estimated top of page bid or estimates first page bid. With this setting, you'll allow AdWords to automatically raise bids when they drop below the estimate.

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Now I’m more confused, because when I look at my Max CPC column, the entire row has numbers.  But when I hover over the “?” on the Max CPC row it says:
"Auto" means AdWords is automatically setting the bid you see in this column. "(enhanced)" means AdWords is adjusting your bid to achieve the goal of your bidding strategy, like maximizing conversions.

So, shouldn’t mine say “Auto” since I’m using “Target search page location” -> “Top of the first results page”?