6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Target CPA & dynamic ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a Display Remarketing campaign that uses the Target CPA strategy and responsive ads. Today when I check the ad, I noticed that dynamic ads had been added to the campaign (i.e. to the responsive ads).

They were not added by anyone in our team, so I was wondering: is it possible that the dynamic ads and the retail product feed (taken from our Merchant Center account) were added automatically as part of the CPA strategy?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Lakatos (Top Contributor)
August

Target CPA & dynamic ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Lakatos

No, I meant dynamic responsive ads. If you opt in to dynamic ads using campaign settings, you can link your Merchant Center feed to your display ads. When you create a new responsive ad, you will find a new setting for dynamic responsive ads which use the products in your shopping feed to generate additional ad formats (which you can preview along with the usual responsive formats).

We actually managed to sort this out with the AdWords support team - they found that the shopping feed had been in fact automatically added to campaigns on several accounts, but not due to the target CPA setting. As it affected our traffic, we decided to opt out of this feature and return to initial settings.

Best,

Cristina

View solution in original post

Target CPA & dynamic ads

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Cristina M,

Chances are you mean dynamic ad extensions. Actually dynamic structured snippet extensions are automated extensions that show details from your website below your ad text. Refer to the below help page, please, for more details.

* About dynamic structured snippet extensions *

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6098371

Best,

Lakatos

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Lakatos (Top Contributor)
August

Target CPA & dynamic ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Lakatos

No, I meant dynamic responsive ads. If you opt in to dynamic ads using campaign settings, you can link your Merchant Center feed to your display ads. When you create a new responsive ad, you will find a new setting for dynamic responsive ads which use the products in your shopping feed to generate additional ad formats (which you can preview along with the usual responsive formats).

We actually managed to sort this out with the AdWords support team - they found that the shopping feed had been in fact automatically added to campaigns on several accounts, but not due to the target CPA setting. As it affected our traffic, we decided to opt out of this feature and return to initial settings.

Best,

Cristina