Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Target Adwords by Website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Total newbie here.

If a website setup with AdSense would attract lawyers to advertise and they only want their ad displayed in a specific location from their office and on certain websites, how would they do that through Google AdWords?

I set up a test ad and went through the settings that easily show how to specify location, but couldn't find a place to easily specify websites.

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Target Adwords by Website

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi nickshippers,

In the networks tab you can select managed placements and this is where you add websites that you want your ads to appear on.

Go to the Networks tab then select "show details" beside managed placements. You should then see "Add placements" where you can add websites or use the placement tool to help get ideas for sites to go on.

Let me know if I haven't made this clear and i'll try in more depth.

Good luck

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi nickshippers,

In addition to what purefuzz said, first thing make sure you have Display Network turned on under the Networks and Devices settings option of your campaign settings. 

If it is on, then you can include the Managed placements from the Networks Tab of your campaign by clicking on Show Details and then entering the placements which you want to include.

For more details refer to this link.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi nickshippers,

In the networks tab you can select managed placements and this is where you add websites that you want your ads to appear on.

Go to the Networks tab then select "show details" beside managed placements. You should then see "Add placements" where you can add websites or use the placement tool to help get ideas for sites to go on.

Let me know if I haven't made this clear and i'll try in more depth.

Good luck

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi nickshippers,

In addition to what purefuzz said, first thing make sure you have Display Network turned on under the Networks and Devices settings option of your campaign settings. 

If it is on, then you can include the Managed placements from the Networks Tab of your campaign by clicking on Show Details and then entering the placements which you want to include.

For more details refer to this link.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks all! This is REALLY helpful. Have you guys had experience with someone wanting to advertise on your sites in a specific area but they wanted you to set it up?

I guess now what I will have to do is if someone wants to advertise on this website they will need their own adwords account OR we just put up the ad for them in our own adwords account, right?

Thanks again both of you, this is really helpful.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi nickshippers,

Google Display Network gives you 2 options on how to target your ads. One is to have Google decide automatically which placements matches your keyword theme or the category or topics you selected. Second is the managed placements (as I mentioned above) where you will specify the placements to Google where you actually want your website ad to be shown and depending upon whether those placements are available under Google Display Network, your ad might be shown on that placement. 

Best of Luck!

Pankaj

Ads not appearing on Website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We did the Target Adwords by Website. But the ad does not display on the website. Any idea's? Could it be because the website does not get enough traffic?