1.7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Taregeting in Admob

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How to I set targeting for my admob campaigns? I can't see option like the one I see in display network targeting in Adwords. I want to target ads based on interests or specific app types. Where to find it?

Under Advanced Targeting, it only shows remarketing lists from adwords and nothing else. 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
January 2016

Re: Taregeting in Admob

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager

Hi there,

This forum is specifically for questions about running AdWords campaigns set up within AdWords. For AdMob help, you will need to refer to the AdMob Help Center.

If you would like to promote your app with all the available targeting options in AdWords, I would recommend setting up a campaign in AdWords directly, since AdMob campaign targeting is more limited. For example, you could set up a Mobile App Install campaign or Mobile App Engagement campaign.

Let me know if this makes sense,
Cassie

View solution in original post

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi there,

Thanks for posting to the Community. Not all targeting methods are available for all campaign types, but I'll be able to answer more accurately if you can share what type of campaign you have set. When you are in this particular campaign, and go to the Settings tab, which Campaign Type do you see listed?

Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Cassie I am using admob to create campaigns, it does not specify any campaign types. by default it only shows ads in mobile apps.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
January 2016

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager

Hi there,

This forum is specifically for questions about running AdWords campaigns set up within AdWords. For AdMob help, you will need to refer to the AdMob Help Center.

If you would like to promote your app with all the available targeting options in AdWords, I would recommend setting up a campaign in AdWords directly, since AdMob campaign targeting is more limited. For example, you could set up a Mobile App Install campaign or Mobile App Engagement campaign.

Let me know if this makes sense,
Cassie