3K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Tablet Traffic

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What are the best practices to avoid tablet traffic??

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Tablet Traffic

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
hi Nidhi,

since enhanced campaigns came in, Google have only allowed us to stop Mobile bidding (highly frustrating for some sectors!)

The only thing I have come up with is pre qualifying your ads. (Not for Tablet users) which takes up copy space, but will hopefully defer users. personally in many of the sectors I work in Tablet has been a great success with our responsive websites.

JT

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
hi Nidhi,

since enhanced campaigns came in, Google have only allowed us to stop Mobile bidding (highly frustrating for some sectors!)

The only thing I have come up with is pre qualifying your ads. (Not for Tablet users) which takes up copy space, but will hopefully defer users. personally in many of the sectors I work in Tablet has been a great success with our responsive websites.

JT

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi Nidhi,

To add to what JD explained above, there are some advanced mobile and tablet options available to 'Display Network only' campaigns which may or may not be helpful to you.

See here for more information: http://goo.gl/arSN3N .

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
You can't you just have to accept that Google has polluted Desktop with Tablet and bid accordingly.

e.g. Keyword A conversion rate is @ 1% desktop, 0.1% tablet, Combined 0.6% the keyword is worth 60% of what it would have been worth pure desktop.

So short answer is bid less!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
- bidding for CPA, and delete conversion pixel in tablets. remember the parameter in url for tablet device.
- Remarketing : could create a remarketing list in Analytics based on the device that the user uses . Use these lists in AdWords and bid depending on the user's device (this can be used to search and Display) . It would only repeat visitors , as you can imagine. Create remarketing lists from Analytics.

Have a nice day!!

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager
Thi year old thread has been closed to new replies.

If you should have a question related to this topic, please start a new thread.

Thanks!