AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Switching back to manual bidding

RH
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
RH
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have a quick question regarding switching to and from automatic bidding: if I go from manual bidding to automatic bidding, then BACK to manual bidding (in the event that automatic doesn't yeild better results), will the old manual bids be automatically reapplied, or do I have to reajust bids for each keyword all over again ?
Thanks in advance !

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Switching back to manual bidding

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

Switching between payment options is not an option  Smiley Happy

Note that you won't be able to switch from a postpay option to a prepay option or vice versa, so be careful when you select a payment method as you set up your

http://support.google.com/adwords/agency/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=6390

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

RH
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
RH
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Not really my question but thanks anyways...

I was talking about bidding for individual keywords, from manual bidding to automated bidding and back again.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Sorry;

I apparently was distracted, and had a kind of a "blackout" and "read" "payment"; Smiley Embarassed

Every time you switch bidding,  you'll have to set the bid. There is no "undo" that reverts to the old value. The records of the old bids  can be found in the account's  history.(My change history)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi RH, an option might be to use the AdWords Editor to export elements from your Account now before the change, then import that file back into the editor if you want to revert.

You'd have to be careful what you exported and be sure not to overwrite any changes you made while under Automatic bidding, but it might be an option.  

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits